In 1928, Earle and Grace Hammond, their children, and friends, relax and celebrate the completion of the core of their family beach house, the living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom.  They named it WATAVUE.  They were among the earliest residents of Lincoln City on the Central Oregon Coast.
The Hammonds and their neighbors the Underdahls built next to each other.  Both properties are now owned and managed by the Hammonds' grandson, Jere Webb.
The Hammond's children and their friends play on the footbridge over the year-round creek that flows out to the ocean through the WECOMA Creekside front yard.

Grace Hammond deeded the land on the ocean side of WECOMA Creekside beach house to the City of Lincoln City in perpetuity on condition it be kept as open space.  The City's appreciation of Grace's gift is commemorated with a tiny park and plaque marking the "Grace Hammond Beach Access".